Installing Ribbon Heating With Laminate Flooring
Benefits of installing our laminate underfloor heating
There are many benefits to installing this sort of system throughout your home, claiming back some of that radiator space being one of them! This metal ribbon heating system doesn’t require any other heat sources to keep you and your family warm.
You won’t be inconvenienced with our ribbon underfloor heating system:
- You do not have to dig up any floors
- You do not have to apply self-level or cement
- You do not have to worry about floor height build up
Little preparation is needed when it comes to installing laminate underfloor heating. As long as the surface area is flat and smooth as well clear of any rubbish and dust free, you are ready to go.
This versatile system can be effectively installed on top of any type of sub floor – concrete, wood, block and beam and insulated deck surfaces.
- Roll out your 6mm insulation and cut so it covers the whole floor (available in 5 or 10m rolls)
- Lay your ribbon underfloor heating mats on top of the insulation
- Use the double sided tape to stick the heating elements to the insulation
- Where required use high adhesive tape to ensure the heating mats are secured
- Route the cold leads (live & neutral) to a junction box just above skirting board level (see electrical connections in manual)
- Check the resistance of the heating elements matches with the resistance chart in the installation manual
- Connect the cold leads using our 5 lever quick connectors
- Lay your laminate floor directly over the top of the heating mats
- See Electrical section for setting up electrics, we recommend that you use a competent electrician.
- Wiring instructions for thermostats may vary and full instructions are provided with each model.